Manteo Nominated For Greatest Public Place In North Carolina
North Carolina residents have spoken and pitched their favorite Main Streets and Public Places to the North Carolina Chapter of the American Planning Association, and Manteo is among the finalists!
Main Streets and Public Places were nominated by the public through the “People’s Choice” campaign launched last month. A panel of nine expert judges has narrowed that list down and is now turning the voting over to the residents of North Carolina.
Right now, residents can vote online for their top picks for Great Main Streets and Great Public Spaces by going to www.greatplacesnc.org. Once there, they will find information on how to vote for the “People’s Choice” in North Carolina. This online voting will end on May 9.
The finalist with the most votes in each category will be recognized as the “People’s Choice.”
Choices for the “People’s Choice” in the “Great Main Streets” category are:
– Main Street; Benson, NC – Johnson County
– E. & W. Union Street; Morganton, NC – Burke County
– King Street; Boone, NC – Watauga County
– Main; Mooresville, NC – Iredell County
– North Davidson Street; Charlotte, NC – Mecklenburg County
The “People’s Choice” options for “Great Public Places” are:
– Downtown Waterfront Boardwalk; Manteo, NC – Dare County
– Town Common; Tarboro, NC – Edgecombe County
– Town Square; Burnsville, NC – Yancey County
– Bridge Park; Sylva, NC – Jackson County
– Little Sugar Creek Greenway; Charlotte, NC – Mecklenburg County
– Pullen Park; Raleigh, NC – Wake County
– Wrenn Miller Park; Jamestown, NC – Guilford County
The North Carolina Chapter of the American Planning Association is an organization of 1,500 professional and citizen planners dedicated to preserving and creating great communities throughout North Carolina.
Click HERE to vote for the Manteo Watefront Boardwalk!