Hatteras Island Art Show Benefits Announced
The first Hatteras Island Art Show of 2015 is coming to the Rodanthe-Waves-Salvo Community Center on Memorial Day.
All are welcome to this community event, free of charge, so you can save your money for supporting the local artists and crafters.
This is an indoor/outdoor event rain or shine event.
Several local Outer Banks artists will be on site vending their goods.
Art/Craft Vendors include:
– James Melvin of Melvin’s Studio (fine art, children’s books, giclees)
– Kim Mosher (detailed colored pencil artwork prints, cutting boards, t-shirts, i-phone cases, etc.)
– Christina Deneka of Hollow Daze Surf Designs (hand-crafted bath & body products)
– Pem Bryant of Sea, Sand and Hand (fine authentic sea glass jewelry)
– Handmade Pottery by Patrick (functional & decorative wheel-thrown pottery)
– Randi & Blake of Spinfinite Designs (original artwork & prints, wire-wrapped jewelry, hula hoops, air plants, hand-painted notebooks, spin-art records, hair fascinators, etc.)
– Joy Hannan of Joy Hannan Designs (sterling silver & gold mermaid & gemstone jewelry)
– Carolina Coto Art (fun, colorful, whimsical art)
– Nicholas Hamann & Amy Peele of Twirling Dervish (incredible digitally enhanced photography & paper quilling jewelry)
– Lisa & Stephanie of Sew Hatteras (decorative pillows, pillow cases, quilted purses & totes)
– Beth Fleishaker of SeaCatchers (mobiles & necklaces made from colored wire, glass beads & local shells. decoupage boxes & tiles, coasters, notecards and more)
– Trish Dempsey of Saltair Images (hand-painted glassware, bookmarks & note cards)
– Curtis Blake (unique jewelry, upcycled art & crafts)
– Pete Lewando – www.lewandoimages.com (photography)
– Sara Cox (detailed collage art)
– Pat Taylor of Kinnakeet Bags (upcycled denim purses & bags)
– Judith Bailey of Outer Banks Vintage Art (watercolor/pastel/
– Claire Schaaf (quilts, American girl doll clothes, pot holders & more)
Raffle tickets will also be sold all day at the food table for one lucky winner to receive a basket full of goodies donated by some of the local artists and crafters. The winner will be announced and called at 5pm.
Live music will be provided by Chad Bennett.
BBQ sandwiches from Waves Market & Deli, as well as burgers and hot dogs will be available, and there will be a playground area and basketball court for kids.
Each Island Art Show is a benefit for a different local community cause/organization. For this show, a portion of food sales, artist booth fees & raffle ticket sales will go to the Rodanthe-Waves-Salvo Civic Association to thank them for hosting us at the Community Building all year. That donation will help foster community spirit by sponsoring programs & other events that benefit the villages of Hatteras Island. We are so excited to host such a FUN event that also gives back to the community.
The next Island Art Show is this Monday, May 25, from 10am to 5pm at the Rodanthe-Waves-Salvo Community Center on Hatteras Island.
Additional upcoming Island Art Show dates include:
-Friday, July 3 (10-5)
-Friday, September 4 (10-5)
-Saturday, September 5 (10-4)
-Friday, October 16 (10-5)