2019 OBX Halloween Parade Online Registration Now Open!
OBX Entertainment presents the 6th Annual Outer Banks Halloween Parade of Costumes on Sunday, October 27, 2019 at Aviation Park in Kill Devil Hills.
The free, family friendly event will begin at 2:00 p.m. with the trick or treat party. The walking parade itself starts at 3:00 p.m., followed immediately by the awards ceremony for the best costumes in multiple age groups and categories.
Founded in 2014, the Outer Banks Halloween Parade is the largest Halloween event on the Outer Banks, drawing hundreds of participants and onlookers each year, while showcasing many of the area’s nonprofit organizations.
As always, admission to the event is free and everyone is encouraged to wear a costume in the spirit of the season.
Registration to walk in the parade is also free. Those interested in participating can register on site at Aviation Park starting at 2:00 p.m. on Oct. 27, or pre-register online here.
Thousands of dollars in prizes, graciously donated by local businesses, will be awarded to the costume contest winners. Official registration for the parade must be completed in order to be eligible for the costume contest prizes.
Please read the following rules before registering:
- All costume contest entries must be registered, must walk in the Parade, and must remain in costume throughout the contest to be eligible for an award.
- Entries cannot enter in more than one category (YOU MUST CHOOSE ONE CATEGORY).
- Winners are decided based on the sole discretion of the judges.
- All judges decisions are final.
- You must be present to win.
- Politically themed costumes are not permitted and will not be eligible for an award.
You can see the complete list of prizes (updated as they are announced) and participating non-profits here.
For nonprofit participation and sponsorship opportunities, contact OBX Entertainment at firstname.lastname@example.org.