See Our Favorite July 4th Movies!
Independence Day Weekend is upon us, and whether you are enjoying the beach, a cookout, or just quality time with family and loved ones, you need look no further than our list of the best July 4th movies of all time to fit any possible viewing occasion this week.
Read on for the complete list of Our Favorite July 4th Movies, and then tell us your favorite patriotic flick that helps you celebrate Independence Day in the comments!
07. Safe Haven (2013) – Filmed in Southport, North Carolina, this Nicholas Sparks romance culminates with a climactic scene set during the real life town’s annual Fourth of July celebration.
06. We’re the Millers (2013) – Filmed in Wilmington, North Carolina, this hilarious road trip comedy is the ultimate Fourth of July getaway.
05. Rollercoaster (1977) – With a deranged killer planting bombs on the country’s most popular theme park rollercoasters (including the nearby Rebel Yell at Kings Dominion in Virginia), this suspenseful thriller is the ultimate July 4th thrill ride.
04. I Know What you Did Last Summer (1997) – Filmed in Southport, North Carolina, this slasher features a mysterious killer who reappears every summer on July 4th, making this horror favorite as patriotic as it gets.
03. The Sandlot (1993) – It’s not so much about the Fourth of July as it is about the heart of America itself, but this beloved family comedy hits a home run with a climactic game under the Independence Day fireworks.
02. Independence Day (1996) – The American holiday becomes the day the Earth came together to fight invading aliens in this stirring epic of galactic proportions.
01. Jaws (1975) – The Steven Spielberg classic that invented the summer blockbuster and scared a generation out of the water, Jaws is with out a doubt the ultimate July 4th movie.
Did we leave out your favorite Fourth of July movie? Tell us which ones we missed in the comments!