Our Top 10 Most Popular OBX Entertainment Stories of 2016
We are about to kick off our fifth anniversary year here at OBX Entertainment, but before we dive into 2017, we are taking a look back at the most popular destinations on this site over the last 12 months.
News of National Geographic’s locally filmed Wicked Tuna was once again among our top articles, along with the ever popular Bike Week and an American Horror Story trip to Roanoke, and you all celebrated Halloween with us in a huge way at the Outer Banks’ first ever Halloween Film Festival and related HalloWeek events, all of which headlined our most read stories in 2016.
Read on for a countdown of our Top 10 most popular Outer Banks entertainment news stories of 2016, ranked according to how many times each story was viewed by our readers!
OBX Entertainment’s Top 10 Most Popular of 2016
10. Outer Banks Halloween Parade of Costumes – The official online headquarters of the annual Outer Banks Halloween Parade remained one of the most visited hot spots in 2016, as the countdown to HalloWeek and the 3rd Annual Halloween Parade at Kelly’s in Nags Head featured updated news and announcements all throughout the year. (See our videos and photo galleries from the 2016 Outer Banks Halloween Parade here!)
09. The 7 Most Anticipated Outer Banks Events of 2016 – Our first annual roundup of the most anticipated events happening on the Outer Banks last year helped thousands of readers to know when and were to be in 2016.
08. Corolla, Outer Banks Ranked 4th Best Beach In America – The Huffington Post ranked Corolla, North Carolina as number four in an article ranking of the Top 14 Best Beaches in America, and our readers certainly agreed.
07. ‘American Horror Story: My Roanoke Nightmare’ Lost Colony Theme Revealed! – We all got excited when it was finally revealed that the mysterious theme of the latest season of FX’s anthology series American Horror Story would feature the local legend of The Lost Colony prominently, which it did, though the writers of the show ultimately took a decidedly different approach to the historic tale than that which is told each summer on the real Roanoke Island.
06. “Magic Mike” Stoffel Dead at 63 – The Outer Banks lost one of its favorite local entertainers when Mike Stoffel, known to thousands as “Magic Mike” the clown, died at the age of 63 in January.
05. HalloWeek Halloween Events on the Outer Banks – OBX Entertainment organized and presented the first ever “HalloWeek” on the Outer Banks, Oct. 26-31, 2016, anchored by our 3rd Annual Halloween Parade and also featuring the first Halloween International Film Festival, as well as Scaryoke, fan film showcase, costume contest, ComicFest, Trunk or Treat, and much more. (See our videos and photo galleries here!)
04. Soundside FunFair Carnival Rides Into Nags Head – The first Soundside FunFair brought all the fun of an old school Carnival to the spacious Event Site in Nags Head for a week this summer, and our announcement about the event spread quickly. (See our video and photo gallery here!)
03. Halloween International Film Festival – Our official hub for all news and submission information for the Outer Banks’ first ever Halloween International Film Festival, which took place Oct. 27-29 at R/C Theatres in Kill Devil Hills during HalloWeek, drew a ton of interest throughout the year. (See our exclusive photo gallery and videos from the Film Festival here!)
02. ‘Wicked Tuna: Outer Banks’ Season 3 First Look Teaser Trailer Released – It is the first and only reality competition TV series ever filmed on the Outer Banks, and we broke the news of the first teaser trailer to be released online for Season 3 of Wicked Tuna: Outer Banks.
01. Outer Banks Bike Week 2016 Schedule of Events Announced – There is no question where fans of Bike Week get the latest news and updates on the annual spring event, as our announcement of the 2016 schedule of events – published way back in January – attracted more readers than any other individual article this year, making it our Most Popular Story of 2016.
For more Outer Banks entertainment news, follow @obxe.