OBXjetpak Flying To Carowinds Carolina Harbor Waterpark Opening In Charlotte
The Outer Banks’ first local jet pack pilot Butch Stone is taking his OBXjetpak and flyboard to Charlotte, North Carolina this month as a special guest performer at the grand opening celebration of the new Carolina Harbor waterpark expansion at Carowinds.
Stone (pictured below) tells OBX Entertainment that he was pleasantly surprised to be asked to join the event and is excited to be flying his jet pack and flyboard for a new audience over the huge new Surf Club Harbor wave pool at the park, which is located at North Carolina/South Carolina border.
The former Boomerang Bay is being completely transformed in the largest waterpark expansion in Carowinds history, as the new Carolina Harbor promises to be the biggest waterpark in the Carolinas.
New additions for 2016 include:
- New Waterpark Entrance – Come and go as you please with a new convenient entrance with direct access
- Surf Club Harbor Wave Pool – A state-of-the-art 27,000 square-foot wave pool that features 12 water geysers
- Blackbeard’s Revenge – A towering six story tall water slide complex featuring three attractions and six exhilarating slides
- Seaside Splashworks – Part of our new two-acre family area, this water structure features over 80 elements including a 423-gallon tipping bucket
- Kiddy Hawk Cove and Myrtle Turtle Beach – These two new family-fun zones are fully equipped with features for both parents and children
- New and Renovated Restaurants – In addition to enhancing several restaurants, Harbor House and Schooners will be new premiere dining destinations
- Additional Cabanas – You’ll find more than shade in our 40 new luxurious cabanas
- More Lounging Chairs – An additional 1,100 lounging chairs will be available for guests to relax and enjoy the sun
- New and Upgraded Facilities – In addition to upgrading family changing areas, a new bathhouse will be added
Popular favorites from Boomerang Bay are also getting even better with awesome enhancements and new themes.
Carolina Harbor is that latest phase in a $50-million plus, multi-year expansion at Carowinds, which was kicked off in 2015 with the addition of the world’s tallest and fastest giga coaster, Fury 325.
You can watch our previous OBXE TV episodes, featuring an interview with Butch Stone as an on location adventure with OBXjetpak, in the players below!
For more Outer Banks entertainment news follow @obxe.