Our Top 10 Most Popular OBX Entertainment Stories of 2015
What a Wicked year it was again here at OBX Entertainment, where big name music news, Bike Week, and the only hit television series ever to be filmed on the Outer Banks headlined our most read stories in 2015.
Read on for a countdown of our Top 10 most popular Outer Banks entertainment news stories of 2015, ranked according to how many times each story was viewed by our readers!
10. Jefferson Starship Headlines Lost Colony Outer Banks Concert Series – We broke the news first in April that the iconic classic rock band Jefferson Starship would be landing on the Outer Banks this summer. (You can see our photo gallery and video highlights HERE!)
09. US News World Report Ranks Outer Banks Best Family Beach Vacation – U.S. News and World Report released its list of the 10 Best Family Beach Vacations in the USA in April, giving the Outer Banks, North Carolina the No. 1 top spot, and you agreed.
08. ‘Wicked Tuna: Outer Banks’ Adds OBX Boat Reels of Fortune – Outer Banks captain Charlie Griffith joined the cast of Wicked Tuna: Outer Banks and proved to be one of the most popular on the show and on our site, as the show even changed its name better immortalize its relationship with the area.
07. Phish’s Trey Anastasio and Tom Marshall Songwriting on Outer Banks – The Phish frontman was spotted on the Outer Banks in February, sparking rumors of new music in the works, and you couldn’t get enough of the story.
06. ‘Wicked Tuna: North vs. South’ Now Casting Season 2 Outer Banks Crews – The North Carolina film industry remained in a slump, but one of the few productions to continue in the state was the locally filmed Wicked Tuna spin-off, and everyone wanted to catch a piece of the action, as evidenced with the huge popularity of this casting announcement first published in November of 2014.
05. ‘Sons Of Anarchy’ Star Tommy Flanagan Joins Outer Banks Bike Week – This year’s Outer Banks Bike Week has attracted the attention of one of Hollywood’s favorite bikers when Tommy Flanagan, star of the long running hit FX series Sons of Anarchy, was announced to be riding into town as part of Bike Week in April. Though his appearance was ultimately postponed, the announcement got everyone revved up.
04. Outer Banks Seafood Festival Seeking Bands – The Outer Banks Seafood Festival put a public call out seeking bands to entertain the masses at the October event in Nags Head, attracting talent to the festival and readers to OBXentertainment.com for the official announcement. (See our photo gallery and video highlights HERE!)
03. ‘Wicked Tuna: Outer Banks’ Season 2 First Look Revealed – Your first look at Season 2 of the locally filmed series Wicked Tuna: Outer Banks is the third most read story of the year. See highlights from the world premiere screening and our local captains interviewed HERE!)
02. Outer Banks Bike Week 2015 Schedule of Events Announced – Bike Week is always one of the most popular events of the year, and our announcement back in January previewing the 2015 schedule of events drew huge amounts of readers all the way until Bike Week started in April. (See our photo gallery and video highlights HERE!)
01. ‘Wicked Tuna: Outer Banks’ Season 2 Premiere Date Announced – News on the return of Wicked Tuna: Outer Banks dominated all year, but no other story drew higher numbers or more readers than our announcement of the highly anticipated Season 2 premiere date, our Most Popular Story of 2015.