[Local Buzz] Village Realty Announces Summer Photo, Video Contest
Village Realty has announced the details of their annual summer photo contest, including a new video category this year and some pretty sweet prizes.
Read on for the official announcement!
For the fifth consecutive year, Village Realty is happy to sponsor the annual Outer Banks Photo Contest and this year there is something new – a video category has been added! Two Grand Prizes will be awarded: one for Best Photo and one for Best Video. The prize is an off-season week in a Village Realty vacation home.
The 2013 contest is hosted on Village Realty’s Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/obxvacations and there are eleven photo/video categories to choose from. Multiple entries are welcome. Videos must be under three minutes in length and hosted on YouTube or Vimeo. All photos and videos must have been taken on the Outer Banks.
Since the first contest in 2009, Village Realty has received thousands of excellent photos which are used throughout the year in print ads, email marketing, online marketing and social media. No purchase is necessary and you do not have to be renting a Village Realty rental home to enter. Photos from any year are eligible. The last day to submit photos or videos is September 9, 2013.
Village Realty will ask their Facebook followers to vote for their favorites and the top five vote getters in each category will be named as semi-finalists. The Category Winners will be chosen by Village Realty employees. Then, with the help of two professional photographers the Grand Prize Winner and Runner Up will be chosen. “We wanted our Facebook friends to be a part of our contest. We have a very interactive Facebook page and many of our followers are past or future guests and people who love the Outer Banks so we wanted to include them” said Jeannie Maynard, Social Media Specialist at Village.
Each category winner will receive a prize of a $100 gift certificate good towards a stay with Village Realty and the Runners Up will receive a two night stay at First Colony Inn in Nags Head, which is managed by Village Realty.
No purchase is necessary to enter a photo(s) or video(s).
- You do not have to be staying in a Village Realty vacation rental to enter.
- You must enter online, using this entry form on Facebook. Please do not mail or email photos or videos to Village Realty.
- You may enter as many photos or videos as you like.
- All photos and videos must have been taken somewhere on the Outer Banks.
- Photos must be at least 640 x 480.
- No words or time/date stamps on photos. These will be disqualified.
- No photo-shopping.
- Amateur photographers only please.
- Videos must be three minutes or less in length.
- Last day to enter a photo or video is September 9th, 2013 at midnight.
- The five photos and videos in each category receiving the most votes will move on to to the next round.
- The Finalist in each category will be decided by the Village Realty marketing department with the assistance of two professional Outer Banks photographers.
- The Grand Prize Winners and First Runners Up will then be voted on by all Village Realty employees.
- Winners will be notified via email.
- The Grand Prize winners win a stay for one week in a Village Realty vacation home during the off season (mid September-mid May). The house will be chosen by Village Realty based on availability. Winners wishes will be taken into consideration; i.e. a pet friendly home, a home with Internet access, a home with a Sunday check in day, etc.
- Typically the property will be a three or four bedroom home or condo on the sound-side of the island.
- Bed linens and bath towels are provided and beds will be made prior to check in.
- Yes, there will be a Grand Prize Winner in the Photo Category and the Video Category!
- The First Runner Up receives a two night stay at First Colony Inn in Nags Head.
Each Category Winner receives either a $100 Village Realty gift certificate or a gift certificate to a local business or a print of their image matted on canvas.
To enter or vote, go to www.OuterBanksPhotoContest.com.